12 Days of Natsmas: Fave Christmas Food (7)

You know what? This may be my favourite topic to talk about. Who am I kidding THIS IS THE BEST TOPIC TO BLOG ABOUT!
Yes that's right FOOOOOOODDDDD!!!
Today I will giving you a list of my top picks for Christmas nibbles and meals. Some will be branded whereas others are more general foods (this could even be a hint to everyone out there looking at what to get me for Christmas!)

To start off with it what Christmas is made of for me. Since discovering these a few years ago, I have fallen in love. They are paired perfect with a cup of tea, adding to your daily calorie intake in no time. These are the "Favourina Spiced Biscuits" you can find at Lidl for a measly £1.39. they taste absolutely glorious and I've already been through a whole pack this Christmas! They are a perfect size and have festive cut outs on them - beautiful!
Click here to see

Next up is a more general one which I often eat all year round (on a sunday - hint hint), but are extra special in winter, especially Christmas day! This is Roast Potatoes (preferably in gravy). I belive that this is the best part of any roast dinner, however, they are hard to get just right. I often find my self tucking into a soggy or try potato which to be honest is not acceptable. No one should have to suffer the pain of sinking their teeth into a soggy tat. May your days be blessed with fluffy and crispy tatas!

A perfect pair to our perfect tats is gravy. I mean, you literally cannot have a roast without it. When you think about it, the concept of pouring meaty water over your food is a tad strange but it sure does taste good! My personal favourite would be "Bisto Best" - i'm going to be honest when I first saw it I though it would all be a con to get more money out of you (as it is a bit on the pricey side of gravy) however, once i tried it in my own roast, i never went back! There are now lots of different flavours so if you fancy being a bit more fancy this Christmas... Click here

Next up we have chocolate which to be honest is the thing that makes you put on the pounds. I discovered my favourite this year actually. It wasn't my first time eating it by a long shot but I realised how addictive I found them. them being "Maltesers" of course. The "merry teaser mini reindeer's" they bring out are even more tasty and add a little Christmas spirit to your bite. Truly adorable, see all the products Morrisons alone do for Malteser here

Another fantastic Christmassy treat is the Yule Log. Not a specific product but an amazing bake all the same. I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas Pudding, so this is what I'll be eating come christmas day desert. A close cousin to the yule log is the roly-poly which is equally delicious with some custard and is guaranteed to warm up your insides.

Last but by no means least is a dish that I can just picture all my friends waiting for. That is the famous Coombs Cheese Board. Although this is enjoyed by the family all year round (only Friday to Sunday of course) it gets a glamorous update around Christmas time. In fact below I have included a picture of our fridge currently, getting ready for Christmas:



There is no Christmas without Cheese and Buiscas
(Nice Rhyme)

Anyway Merry Natsmas to all, and to all good night
Xx






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My experience so far: University - Home Sickness (2)

Is it too early?

Blogmas day 5: My Top TV Shows